Friday, May 18, 2012

cho cho chocolate

I wanted some...looked through my recipes...thought I'd give it a shot...

Something chocolate this way comes...

Molten chocolate nutella pudding cakes.

Just in case you don't understand what that is, let me explain....
!@!&^%$#@*&(*%$##@&*(_(*&^%$#@!@^)!, 
or in english, REALLY GOOD GOOEY MINI CHOCOLATE CAKES.

This is a recipe from an old All You magazine.  You're supposed to use individual ramekins, as shown in the picture above, but I don't have any.  So Sarah suggested we use my giant muffin pan.  
She's a smart one she is.
It worked.  Not as pretty as an individual serving, seeing as I had to dump them all at once on a platter, but yummy just the same. 
That is warm, ooey gooey goodness called nutella peeking out from the center.  It didn't run all over the plate like some molten chocolate cakes do, but frankly my dear, I don't give a darn. 
Delightful.
Here's the recipe.

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 oz semisweet chocolate chips
One stick of butter, unsalted
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt 
6tbsp nutella

1.  Preheat to 350.  Coat ramekins with cooking spray.  I used pam for baking.  Fill a roasting pan with some hot water, about an inch.
In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking powder.
2.  In another bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips in microwave until melted, about a minute.  Whisk until smooth.
3.  In yet another bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt until pale yellow, about 5 minutes.  Beat in chocolate mixture, then stir in flour mixture.  Spoon half of batter into ramekins.  Drop 1 tbs of nutella into center of each.  Cover with remaining batter.
4.  Transfer ramekins to roasting pan and carefully put them in the oven.  Bake until cakes have risen and tops are cracked, about 30 minutes.  Let cool for 5 minutes.  
Mmmmm




1 comment:

  1. HOW DID I MISS THIS POST?! If I wasn't so tired and it wasn't so late, I'd run to the store right now just for nutella.

    ReplyDelete