Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I am a daddy's girl

We were in Mobile a couple of weeks ago, and I found a shoe box full of pictures.  Tons of pictures.  My mom, Steven and I sat around the table for more than an hour looking through them.  We laughed at a few, set a few aside for safer keeping.  I picked up one of me as a new born.  Believe me when I say you have never seen a newborn baby this fat before.  11 pounds, 14 ounces.  Ouch.  I had seen the picture several times before and I was still in shock.  I had a good laugh at myself, then for some reason turned the picture over.  This is what was on the back.



That is my daddy's writing.  Sorry the pic is sideways and probably too light to read, but I don't feel like taking the time to fix it.  It was taken while I was still in the hospital.  Im laying on the bed next to mom.
It reads, "Kristie is awake and wanting to see what the world is all about.  She is a beautiful baby girl, and above all the compliments anyone could give her, she is my daughter."

I balled my eyes out.

While everyone else was commenting on how I was the biggest thing to ever be birthed, all he could think about was that I was his, and he was proud. 

No wonder I am such a princess.  When you are loved like that, you tend to become a bit spoiled.

I sure do miss my daddy.

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful you came across this, and now have it to treasure! His words will always speak to you.

    When I was home recently, I went through a lot of my childhood photos, too. So many of them are with my MawMaw or at my Grandparents' house. I thought, 'no wonder I love her so much!'. We've always had a connection, and in so many of the photos she is loving and doting on me. Wouldn't trade those photos or memories for the world!

    ReplyDelete