Friday, August 13, 2010

Back to school...?

So I decided in lieu of a trip to the health department I would make well check up visits for the kiddos (since we missed the last ones) and have the pediatricians office transfer the immunization records.  I had sworn NEVER to take all three of my kids at the same time for appointments again, but, you do what you gotta do.  The kids were relatively well behaved and we didn't wait nearly as long as we would have at our previous pediatricians office, but nevertheless, I was pooped by the time it was all over.  Then I had to go to walmart. 

Ug.

Im not going to make any rude walmart comments.  I need that God forsaken store just as much as the next person.  Lets just say that it made for an exhausting day.  Although I felt like it was all unnecessary in the first place, I did feel a sense of accomplishment and took all of the paperwork back to the school yesterday.  The lady kindly made copies of all of it and handed it back to me and in the most leisurely fashion said, "oh yes, and we'll also need her report card from last year.  We'll need it before school starts." 

what?

Oh yes, here it is, right along with her thumb print, a strand of her hair and a blood sample.  Come on, its not like this is an elite prep school we're trying to buy our way into.  We're talking about a public school.  A public elementary school that, by the way, has a lovely sign posted on the wall by the office that says NO GUNS ALLOWED (second graders need to be reminded to leave those sort of things at home). 

So I'll be going through boxes again tonight, searching for a report card.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment