Friday, August 6, 2010

School registration

Yesterday, I got the kids all ready and excited and we headed to the girls school to get them registered.  I had the paperwork all filled out, their immunization records, proof of residence, social security cards and birth certificates.  We head into the library and see a smiling face who is willing to assist us.  She looked at our stack of paperwork and said, "you don't have a Louisiana health card?"  "No maam, we just moved here from Alabama, but I've got their immunization card right here."  "Well, you have to have a Louisiana health card to register them for school.  I can give you directions to the health department if you like."

Seriously?

We aren't talking about Haiti here, we're talking about Alabama...you know, two states over.  You can drive there in a few hours.  I looked at her and asked in a joking manner, "can I just pretend like we are from Mexico and go ahead and get registered today so I can save myself a trip?"  She didn't think it was funny.

Soooo, I get to pack up my three kids today and take a lovely trip to the health department, just so they can copy all of the information on the cards I already have onto a card that says Louisiana on it.  Uhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment