Monday, August 23, 2010

Madelyn's first day!!!

I don't know if I'm excited about this, or if I'm dreading it.  My sweet little girl, our "delicate flower" is going to school tomorrow.  Will she cry?  Will she be excited?  Do I want her to cling to my leg as if she can't live without me?  Or do I want her to wave me off as if she can't wait to be rid of me? 
I think the only thing worse than being sappy is the anticipation of being sappy.  I can feel it coming.  No matter how great her first day goes, eventually the tears will fall and I will ball my eyes out.  Not today, probably not tomorrow, but its coming.  Somewhere under the surface, its waiting to make a fool of me the way my tears always seem to do.  I want to cry just thinking about it.
Oh for pete's sake, Im going to get a tissue and get it out of my system tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment